Monday, September 8, 2014

Words that help me remember who I am


When I was just a foster mother with the hopes of adopting, I was searching etsy.com for wall art that was appropriate for a beautiful little girl's nursery.  Then I came upon this sign, and I loved it.  It wasn't right for G's bedroom's color theme.  But it was perfect for our bright colorful dining room.  As I kept going back to this, I thought "This isn't just for an adopted child. It's for EVERYONE. It's for me. "

I am CHOSEN. To live this very life.  I was chosen to overcome these (sometimes seemingly MANY) obstacles. I was also chosen to receive many gifts.  I 
have a story to tell.  And I was chosen to tell it. 
 I was chosen to be Dan's wife. Chosen to birth two beautiful, spontaneous children.  Chosen to adopt a wonderful little girl and a happy baby boy.  Chosen to be an advocate.  Chosen to love others deeply.  Chosen to endure pain, loss, illness.  Chosen to be a warrior.  
My name even means "strong."  I assume that was a glimpse of what I was chosen to be. 

I am BLESSED. Truly. By a God who loves me.  Who gives to me freely.  Who sent his Son to die for me.  Blessed by big and small acts of kindness. Blessed to be alive.

I am ADOPTED into a mighty family.  I will inherit the Kingdom of God along with my sisters and brothers.  I am an adopted daughter of the Almighty King and the sister to a prince.   (Thats pretty amazing.  Isn't it?)

I am FORGIVEN.  Oh, isn't this sweet?  I have too many things to list for which I have needed forgiveness.   I fall short a little each and every day, even on my best days.  Because of my brother, the Prince who died for me, my sins and shortcomings are forgiven.  And forgotten.  

I am REDEEMED and made free. I was paid for with the blood of my Savior.  I don't need to feel guilt.  I no longer carry the bondage of my sin.  I was ransomed so that I could live eternally with my Heavenly family.

I am ACCEPTED.  Who I am, and how I got here.  I was accepted before I even existed.  When I struggle with accepting who I am, how I look or aspects of my personality, there's a God in Heaven, who looks down on me with acceptance.  And even more than that, He looks down on me with LOVE.



{And guess what?  YOU are ALL those things too!} 



No comments:

Post a Comment